Thursday, November 19, 2009

For The Better Cause

NIGHT AT CLARKE QUAY

Left to right: Yong Wei, Daryll, Asaad, Bivithara, Tresharene, me.


LOL! OK, you guys have seen some of the photos before in the previous post, but I just thought I'd re-publish some photos again.
Nice tummy! Yummy. HAHAHAHA!


















I know, you've seen me wear this shirt before. But I've really got nothing to wear! I mean, I do have something to wear, it's just that I don't like to wear it anymore.
Playing cards on the bus. Hahahaha!
---------
We've put up the Christmas Tree already!
-
SLACKING AT DARYLL'S
-
Me, acting like the lead singer but in actual fact, I can't sing at all! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Samuel!



------------------------
At town, when the clique took neoprints!
-----------------------
GIG AT MINDEN ROAD (near Dempsey Hill)
Carbonara! Very delicious!

--
Yong Wei, Terrence and Daryll.





--
Dad bought a box of Clorets (total of 12 inside)
--
LOL woops.
-
So yeah, you've seen all the pictures dated from late last week to two days' ago! Yong Wei has finally completed editing the video for the first half of the journey! What journey? Remember Thursday whereby the whole clique except two went cycling? And for the two, we skated? Except, of course, that I switched to cycling at the back of a double bike? Hahahaha! Yep! Thanks Yong Wei for putting in lots of effort and time and space to film the whole 4-hour journey! Click here for video! It's extremely cool! Hahaha! But of course, you have been warned.
-
Anyway, watched 2012 with my family yesterday and the show SUCKED. I mean, SERIOUSLY. I hated the storyline. It was extremely crappy. But, but, I really liked the effects. The CG and everything, was really well done. Even though we all know it's not real but it looked realistic enough. But, realistic definitely does not pair well with fantasy as it's obviously the contrary. Apparently the film is being too overrated, exaggerated and crappy. Come on, a hundred flying rocks in fire shooting out from the volcano, and one doesn't hit the character's vehicle?
-
Aren't they hell lucky that none of the rocks actually hit them? Hahaha! Or or, when they're driving away from their neighborhood, cars in front of them just get destroyed by the natural catastrophes and the car they are in is untouched? Very unrealistic. In fact, it's too exaggerating. For those who just want to watch for the cool effects, please don't take the storyline to heart because it'll definitely disappoint you. Not only does the storyline suck but there's not many popular actors or actresses in the film. I guess the directors are being too complacent since this show brought so much of that publicity that they didn't have the need to focus on finding A-list actors/actresses?
-
In other words, what I'm trying to say is, a good film is about a good storyline, good effects, good actors/actresses and good publicity (we all need to advertise our products/work at some point in time, don't we?).
-
If 2012 doesn't have a good storyline, but it has good effects and good publicity. I'm sure the storyline dominates the fate of the film and effects+publicity definitely can't top this one. What else do you need? That's right. Actors/Actresses. Sure, there might be that President's daughter who acted in Norbit and Crash. There might be that father of two who acted in some other film I don't know about. But it's also what makes the film good. And if the storyline kills the film, all the crew of 2012 can depend on is its effects and publicity. Let me tell you, publicity? Not so good as Megan Fox. Effects? Realistic combined with crappy exaggerations. Not so good. So this film, is BAD. Hahaha! But, we do have to hand it to the effects. It was really well done. I was in awe when I saw the earth going into destruction. Hahaha, that sounded sadistic. But whatever.
-
2/5 for 2012! 1 star for the effects, 1 star for the not-so-good-plot (at least it's better than some films like Drillbit Taylor).
-
Okay, so Mahjong at my place has been cancelled. Instead, going swimming with Daryll & Yong Wei. Have a good day ahead! PS, Gossip Girl Season 3 Episode 10 wasn't the best episode. Episode 9 still reigns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.