Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scientist By Day

WARNING: MIGHTY LONG POST TODAY
-
Chemistry Practicals







Woops, I think my pants got hole.
-
Biology practicals.
Testing for starch with Iodine's solution. Blue-black! Nice right!


---
Hey everyone! So let me tell you guys what happened during the whole NDP celebration. When Daryl Lim asked Ms Tay why they had to wait for so long and I was like, "Ya la Ms Tay you tortured us sia". Then she got super upset and scolded me for accusing her. So she asked me to say it again and I was like, "Again", and she asked me to say it again and I still said, "Again".
-
Then she asked me to go sit at the canteen to write reflections. Then she asked me to say it and she told me that she has her witnesses, so this time I said it, "You tortured us", Yeah and I wrote, then she asked me to write, "I denied it when Ms Tay asked me what I said but I confessed later on". Then I realised, "Eh shit, I didn't even deny what! I just said 'again', which part of that was denying?". Then I took the paper from her and wanted to cancel it but she snatched it from me. Uh ok. Then she said that was 'evidence'.
-
And the funniest thing was that later she asked me to write a reflection of what happened yesterday in Maths class (when I kept annoying Ms Lee with the 'How Much Is That Doggie In The Window' song) and she gave me back the paper. HAHAHAHAHA! And then I cancelled the whole thing! HAHAHA! Ms Tay was furious. She was like, "Why did you cancel?", then I was like ignoring her and I took out a new piece of paper. I wrote the report on another paper, but this time, WITH SPECIFIC INFORMATION, if Ms Tay decides to use that evidence against me. Too bad. After all, I'm not in the wrong. I didn't even deny. Furthermore, she asked me to write. OK lah I was blur when she asked me to write. But after that I realised that I may have been conned.
-
Then Ms Tay and I went to a quieter area to discuss and have sparring sessions. I am waiting for me to have conferences with my parent and her. Seriously, then I can reveal everything I don't like about her. The most incredible thing is that in Ms Tay's perception she thinks she's very reasonable. Wow, totally agree, hurr hurr. No lah, whatever I dislike about her won't be displayed here, it will be when I have a conference with my parents. This is just a recount of what happened.
-
So, during the talk we both had, she was being quite well, unreasonable? First she said she gives choices to evveryone then I said, "So I can still sit in class?", then she said, "No, not for you.". Then I was like, "Didn't you say you provide choices to your students?". First she says something like, "I despise your annoying behaviour" and then she says, "We care for you". Eeeek. There were many topics that were discussed, lah. Too many to remember. And I'm not trying to brag here that I'm so great or whatever, but at times, I strongly disagree with her own opinions and points of view that I have absolutely no intention of agreeing that I would fight for my opinions. I believe it works two ways, for the student to understand the teacher, the teacher would have to understand the student. And, I strongly doubt that Ms Tay understands me as an individual, in fact, everyone else. She comes across as someone who tries to understand but tries too hard. Sorry, what's so hard to read about me?
-
Hahaha there was this one time when Mr Lee (retiree) was like, "Wah, Eugene's such a hardworking boy", when I was writing my reflection (negative thing) and I totally smiled! HAHAHAHA! I bet Ms Tay was like, "Eeeruruggh". Could totally sense the disgust coming out from her. There was a lot of times that she went sarcastic and unreasonable and yes, if she wants to be sarcastic with me, I can be incredibly sarcastic.
-
But apart from that, I know I've gone carried away but, still, it doesn't give her the right to bring up topics about my behaviour previously. She wants to know if I behaved like this in Semester One. OK, I'll let her know. And yes, I told her something like this. "I think it's because Ms Mok was here and I knew how to behave myself. But when she left, or in other words, when you became our form, wait oops, co-form teacher, I think I became worst?". Then another thing she asked was, "I'm sure you have ill-feelings towards Ms Lee and me right?" and I was like, "Yes, something like that".
-
OK, anyway, I feel that Ms Tay is one who is unable to handle criticism and takes strong actions against those who annoy her for a little bit. I think she is a great teacher who can really teach but a little joke (yes, it came across as jokes at times) wouldn't hurt. One teacher couldn't take a slight criticism but when she asked for honest feedback, I gave it to her and yes the content was mature, and the next year, she was different and much better. Maybe Ms Tay should try asking for feedback to maybe improve herself. And maybe the next batch of students wouldn't be like me. Hahahahaha. Like I said, for a student to understand a teacher, the teacher would have to understand the student. And no, counselling does not help. It bores the student out.
-
And OK, I seriously did not see that "You tortured us" as an accusation. It may logically be an accusation but if it comes from my mouth means it's meant to be a joke. Fine fine, let her call this an accusation. That's why I said, she doesn't understand me, and yes, maybe I don't understand her as well.
-
Oh and when she asked me to read out what I've written, she totally couldn't understand what I was saying. I talked quite OK what! Hahaha! I read quite clear. I read in a really normal pace. Hello, my Reading for oral exams is good okay. Then she had problems with my reading, "Can you please read slower? *3 seconds later* Can you please speak louder? *3 seconds later* Can you please be more audible?*". But guess what, she read the thing before already and wanted me to read it out. Yes, along the way I sort of talked about how Ms Tay snatched the paper from me and other things. After that, she read it again. =.='
-
There were more things that happened lah. When I remember, I'll say. I am seriously not in the mood for further talking sessions. But if she wants to talk to me again, sigh, so be it. For now, it's a hate-hate relationship between Ms Tay and me. Our personalities, in fact, do clash. She must be Virgo. Speaking of someone who is Virgo, come on, you HATE them, now you're sitting with THEM? Hahahaha. Old habits die hard, eh?
-
Back to the topic. Yes, Ms Tay and I are probably enemies. Oh oh oh, there was this once whereby she asked me why my handphone was switched on and I was like, "Uh, what if there's an emergency?", then she said, "Your parents can call the General Office", and I was like, "Isn't it faster for my parents to just call me on my handphone rather than calling one place and wasting more time?" and then she was like, "Still." HAH! Then I said, "But Ms Lee allowed us since January. If we had emergencies, all we had to do was just go outside and answer our call.". And then she was like, "Are you sure Ms Lee allowed you all to do that?" and then I was like, "Yes, I have my witnesses", HAH! Yeah, Ms Tay, if you want you can ask the classmates and Ms Lee. Although, Ms Lee wouldn't side me now that I kept asking her how much that doggie was in the window. Ms Tay is obviously finding every fault about me. She's picking on the flaws that I have. I'll be waiting for the further errors that I have so she can use it to feel happy and scold me. At least I make Ms Tay happy in the process by having my flaws. Awwwww.
-
BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, after all that happened. We came to a conclusion. I was going to get better. Yes. I will improve my behaviour and although I am still quite uncertain behind her sarcasm, I'm still going to just shrug it off for now and stay out of trouble. If not, I'll be suspended.
-
Sooooo, went to meet mystery people. They came over to my house. After which, I got ready to meet Daryll Ong and Iskandar. Thanks Iskandar and Daryll for coming.
-
And one of my friend, Samuel sent me like 8-12 Korean songs and I think I'm addicted to a few! SUPER SUPER NICE! HAHAHAHA! Shan't get all korean-y. HAHAHA! If you didn't know, Samuel and I used to be best friends in Secondary One. Yep. Hahaha! Because of a girl we ended the friendship. Yes, it's my fault. Because I liked the girl he liked. OK this one I admit ok! Hahaha but anyway, the korean songs really nice lah.
-
Soooo for tomorrow! I'll have like TWO TUITIONS! OMG. Super super tiring. Then after my first tuition, would be having lunch to celebrate my elder brother's birthday with family. Long day tomorrow. Sunday no tuitions! Would use the time for some revision, DVDs, movies and Singapore Idol. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.