Monday, August 31, 2009

Cause I'm Feeling

Damn I'm super addicted to Black Eyed Peas' I Gotta Feeling. Hahaha, have been playing since the minute I've got home. Just wanna say EL was SUPER EASY. OK, for the first passage in Paper 2, it did involve quite a lot of thinking but I managed to 'decipher' the meanings behind the word. For the second passage, it was way easier. For once I had absolutely no problems doing the questions. It was like a slight breeze! Hahaha! You see what English tuition does to you?! HAHAHA! Even for my EL tuition, I learnt so many things that I am able to identify parts of speech like adjectives, nouns, verbs, adverbs, phrasal verbs, etcetra. And I guess I've pretty much learnt so much that I felt EL paper was easy. Maybe! HAHAHA!
-
I shan't get over-confident, though. Because, I'm bound to make mistakes, considering the fact that I slept around midnight and I'm SUPER (glad there are such things as teachers, if not Tuesday would not be a public holiday. But, in fact, even if there were no teachers, why do we need a public holiday when we have holidays a year-round? Hahahaha) tired. Let's just say neither would I fail nor get a distinction. =)
-
And of course, there is EL paper 1! Which, I gotta say, was quite well done. Although I felt that my script for the report-writing question wasn't really excellent, I guess I answered the question but I'm not hoping for an A for that part. As for my essay, gahhhh, I shouldn't have checked my report first. If I'd known I would have checked my essay and then by the time I have vetted throughout my three-page long essay, the teachers would have probably collected my paper! If only I checked through it once more. Damn it. And there were even grammar mistakes in my report! Who knows, maybe I would have more grammar mistakes in my essay! But oh well, I'm not really sore or worried about that as much as my report. Hahaha.
-
For my essay, I picked the question, "Journey", and I wrote about how this couple who divorced a year ago had to go visit their son -- in hospital in New York (American-based essay), and the reason why they broke up was because of Mitchell's untidiness and his poor organisational skills and also because of Chloe's incredibly perfect life and stupid remarks. In the essay, I am Mitchell and I wrote words like 'stupid' and 'pig' in the essay. HAHAHAHA! But, I added a jizz of humour, very few twists in the story (because I didn't want to spend too much time complicating things up in my essay, resulting in another hundred more words penned down) and a heartwarming ending. I even felt moved by my very own handwritten ending. Hahaha!
-
So the plot started off with Mitchell displaying his very own forgetfulness and poor sense of punctuality (sounds exactly like me, minus the forgetfulness part. OK, fine, minus HALF of the forgetfulness part) and Chloe's wonderful nagging. Both venture off on the road and both put up with each other's nonsense. Until their car broke down and they had to walk a few hundred miles off. Chloe said something hurtful. Mitchell was silent. Chloe apologized. Chloe made small talk, bringing up past memories, reminiscing on the good old days! Mitchell opens up. They talk. And when they finally reached, as they saw their son, Damien. All they could ever think of was making him feel better, thus, Chloe and Mitchell get back together for the sake of Damien in just a simple gesture. Interlocking their fingers. Then, I 'zoomed out' from the scene and described it and ended off with a finishing touch like, "Who knew journeys could make a big difference in our lives?". Oh, did I mention that that line was the first line of the essay as well?
-
OK, fine, I did this format before and Ms Sim's read it twice and she's probably going to see the same format THRICE. But it did work out. Hahaha, and it's not like the marker for my 'O' Level essay is going to be Ms Sim, right? Hahaha! I tried not to reuse the format again but I ended up doing so because it was the best format I could ever think of. But, I guess I'll use the format again for 'O' Levels since no other markers have seen this before! Overall, not bad, I gotta say. I felt pretty confident (not too over!) and I am definitely geared up for the upcoming papers! For one there's the Practical exam. For two, there's the SS paper and Maths (1) paper. I shall get prepared now! Have a good evening! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.