Friday, August 14, 2009

Sour Cream To Soothe Your Weird Behaviour


Coolest experiment ever! During Biology practical, we had to put the leaf in boiling water to make it like, brittle? Then we added it in a boiling tube of alcohol and placed it back into the boiling water. Then the green pigments (chlorophyll) came out from the leaf, and into the boiling tube. It was such an awesome experience! In other words, the alcohol bleached the leaf to white. So, after taking out the leaf which looked white already, we had to place it on this tile and add drops of Iodine's solution and yeah, it turned blue-black! This means starch is present and the enzymes have denatured (due to the high temperature!). SUPER FUN! I love Biology practicals. I love Chemistry practicals as well.
-
So Tricia gave out sweets like Santa Claus to some of our classmates. This was Bivithara's reaction to the extremely sour Warheads. Tricia couldn't take it as well. HAHAHA! And there's a video of my reaction.


Does anyone think I look weird?! HAHAHA! "Lai liao lai liao", hahaha! I had no idea I would speak in Chinese. Biology practical for today was quite cool, we dealt with RAW chicken livers (which looks super disgusting and looked like char kway teow (the black sauce one)). But, the overall experience was quite cool! Shiok practicals. Friday = HOME. LOL! Just had tuition for only like an hour. I feel like studying tomorrow. As well as Sunday. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.