Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who Says

Good evening! Hahaha and nope, I didn't go to school today. I slept at 2 for goodness' sake! What I did for the whole day was crap. I'm not proud of myself for doing crap. Crap = Using the Internet for the whole day. But anyway, I'd be going to school tomorrow. I'm still freaked out about my Combined Humanities because I haven't gotten notes for my History! But oh well, I hope I remember to take them from Mr Wong tomorrow. Practical Exam, which also means the official start of my (and many many others) 'O' Levels, is on Thursday (in 2 days' time) -- and hell, I can't wait! I'm 68% excited and 32% nervous! IT'S LIKE WOW, SO FUN! Hahahaha! I can't wait for English too. I can't wait for Maths. My tutor agreed to come this Thursday and Saturday morning to help me with my Maths. And on the day of the paper itself, he's gonna come in the morning (paper starts in the afternoon) to help me if I have any last minute doubts -- ON BOTH DAYS. For my Combined Humanities, which is in the following week, I think. Well, my SBQ's good. I can say I've improved :) As for SEQs, I just hope so much memory can be contained within my brain.
-
As for Combined Sciences, I have already prepared notes for Biology and Chemistry. I'm doing paper and topical revisions now, so far so good. I didn't know while preparing notes, I absorbed more information along the way. Guess preparation of notes does really help ;) Lastly, F&N. Oh heck the thing. It's similar to Combined Sciences. Just prepare your notes, know your important information. You're done. F&N Theory is that easy. The only crazy and freakish things are the Courseworks -- they're serial (cereal) killers, I tell you. But Theory is just a matter of whether you studied or not. There's no downside because the upside (heh?) is that when you were doing your courseworks, you would have extracted some huge chunk of information from your textbook, thus you just know it at the back of your head. Other than that, hopefully (hopefully lah) I'd be able to do well for my 'O' Levels with the many guides I have.
-
And the only problems after 'O's are just 1) finding jobs 2) finding ways to have fun 3) your path to success. Right now, I'm not so worried about finding jobs because a few friends and my brother recommended certain jobs. It's only a matter of time whereby I decide where I really wanna work. Of course, if any of you have certain job recommendations (definitely no F&B please, Carrefour (it's so-called F&B? LOL), Ice^3, Burger King were too much for me), just drop a mail or a text or an instant message. I'd be glad to listen in on your suggestions.
-
Finding ways to have fun. Well, I've always thought about doing the following: Clubbing, partying, BBQs, chalets, sun-tanning, swimming, roller-blading, walking Aiden at ECP, flying a kite, joining the Singapore Youth Flying Club, filming projects with Yong Wei, bowling, snooker or billiards, slacking, staying overnight at 24-hour locations, shopping at Orchard (that is after I get a job, DUH!), joining cooking classes, taking up a new sport, learning a new language, movie-marathons, etcetra etcetra. Who the f**k's with me!? HAHAHA!
-
And then there's the... not so fun problem. Yes, I consider finding ways to have fun a problem, but a fun problem? Whatever. Hahaha. Of course, choosing where you really want to go. This afternoon I realized I had lost interest in Mass Communications. The course that I've been crazy about many many months ago, in fact, since the start of 2008, I wanted to pursue a Mass Comm diploma. But barely a week into the official start of the 'O' Levels and I found out I have no absolute goal now. Sure, maybe it's the many many things that have been happening for the past month or year that I hadn't had the time to really get myself 're-inspired' by the course, thus resulting in no interest at all. I thought at the back of my head that Mass Comm was what I wanted to aim for and I told people that I wanted to pursue Mass Comm but I didn't really think hard enough to make sure I really really freaking wanted it. Then today, to my unfortunate surprise, as I took the risk to go to Ngee Ann Poly's website and checked the dream course, I saw no fun in it anymore.
-
I didn't know what had gotten into me and I thought it was just one of those feelings like, "oh, you're stressing over 'O' Levels now, worry about that later, maybe you might feel interested in it again...", but I couldn't let myself worry later because I was already worrying now. Then, I decided to take a detour. I told myself, maybe I should check out the other courses. I checked out Biomedical Science (the course that I was really crazy over after Mass Comm during the middle of the year) and Banking & Financial Services (similar to Biomedical Science), and to my horror, I didn't have any interest in both courses at all. I thought I was going crazy. How could I not see the fun in these courses, the fun I saw a few months back? I was too anxious because I just wanted to be inspired so I could do well for my 'O' Levels. I wanted to find something, some course that would intrigue me.
-
That was when I found Millenia Institute. I knew I wanted to go there (in case I didn't get what I really really wanted -- Mass Comm, Biomed, Banking) but I never really looked into it, as in, I never really found out more and asked about it. That afternoon, I checked out the subject combinations, the subjects offered, the curriculum, and wow, it was like a knock on the head (I still have not decided I really wanted to go, I was just and am STEEL really really interested) and the next thing I did, according to my already subconscious mind (due to the overwhelming excitement), I checked out all the syllabuses! Hahahaha!
-
OK heck, if I plan on going MI, and if I really really want to, I'll be a Science student! In other words, I'll be taking Chemistry (H2), Biology (H2), Maths (H2), Literature (H1), GP (H1), PW (H1) (click on links to see syllabus -- 2009)! HAHAHAHA, yes I've already planned on what subjects to take. Chemistry looks super easy and fun! Don't get me started on Biology, because the word itself makes my adrenal glands produce more adrenaline already. Maths, well, boring, but I'll pull through. Literature, a subject that I've always wanted to take since Secondary Three, which apparently, there weren't enough Lit teachers, is like HELL YEAH. GP's compulsory, but heck I'm still excited. PW seems fun :) I watched Nurul do her PW when I went to her house and it seems intensifying and my middle name is intensified. HAHAHAHA. Just kidding. I mean, Nurul could help me :) Hahahaha!
-
So yeah, I found my interest. BUT. Like I said, I'm not ready yet. Who knows it might be just another one of those, "I'm interested... oh wait, not anymore" kinda feelings? Besides, it might be my brain giving me some fake thing to be excited about so I can just do well for 'O' Levels? Hahaha, but whatever it is, yeah, I really really feel like studying at MI. It's not so stressful as Junior Colleges since it's a 3-year stream to 'A' Levels, and I think the syllabuses are all like spread out throughout the 3 year duration, right? Furthermore, for JCs (yeah I would go if I could but thing is, I DON'T HAVE MOTHER TONGUE as an 'O' Level subject!), everything has to be done in 2 years and the content's just too heavy. I presume MI's a better choice for me. :)
-
HAHAHA! Alright, now that I've got all three future problems ALREADY SETTLED (except for the third of course), here's the major problem coming up. 'O' Levels. Good luck to all! =) Yes, EVERYONE. Even though I hate some people, I think seeing them fail is a very bad thing for them and I think if I failed, I would be devastated (then again, not sure if they'll think I deserve it but STEEL). Of course, some of you may think I'm super wild you don't think 'A' Levels is really the right path that I should follow, but well, I love studying and I love learning too. It's 10 p.m, I'm turning in early. Have a good night! And I love you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.