Monday, December 21, 2009

Hong Kong Trip Part Two

Second Day (12th December 2009)
So yes, we didn't stay at a hotel for the first night because it was so not worth it, to spend another night's worth of money for just 5-6 hours of sleep. A tired and bored guy is a CAMWHORING guy! HAHAHA! So, my elder brother and I ended up taking lots of photos of ourselves and then our younger brother joined in. Or, more like we forced him. Hahahaha.
A blur photo.
Wee I'VE GOT A PIMPLE FACE!
See that annoying pimple on my nose. LOL!



--
So this is where the real camwhoring begins.
We had our brother stand in front so he'd look like our height. Hahaha! And I'm taller than my older brother!



LOL, the Green Day pose.




We suddenly got to do the 'gun pose', hahaha!






---
Enough of camwhoring! HAHA! I got hungry and I went to 7-11 to grab some microwaveable food. I might actually die of being intoxicated since I didn't tear off the plastic film properly.
BUT IT'S THE BEST MICROWAVEABLE FOOD THAT I'VE EVER TASTED!!!!! It may look disgusting, but it tastes FREAKING DELICIOUS.
Before sunrise, we caught the first bus to take us to our destination, our hotel. The Empire in Wan Chai.
For the record, I think I'm good at taking HK transportation! HAHAHA! Street wise, like walking on streets, well I don't know where I would be unless there's an MTR (it's our very own MRT-like system or whatever) sign. But, I was the one who led my own family back to the hotel and to where they really wanted to go. Hahaha! I'm serious!
--
Our hotel, just situated near the CBD.


So after putting our luggages with the concierge, we went to look for some dim sum restaurants.

See that pau just at the bottom of the picture in the middle? THAT'S THE BEST PAU EVER! Haha anyway, there was loh mai kai, har kow, siew mai, some chicken. Typical dim sum food. Plus, they serve Chinese Tea, hot. And surprisingly, we all liked it, got used to it and didn't have much water then!
I don't know what it is, I'm still trying to figure it out. Is it egg or corn? Then we had egg tarts! DELICIOUS!
After our breakfast, we took a tram to kill time.

---
Here's a video, if you want to see it! HAHAHA!





--
We alighted at Central and we took a ferry to Kowloon, which is also part of Hong Kong. They aren't two different countries, of course, I guess because there's a bridge that links them.










You must be thinking, what's at Kowloon (cow-loon)? Well, there's a very popular place called, Tsim Sha Tshui, which is something like our very own Orchard. Kowloon also has famous markets like Ladies Market and Temple Street Night Market.



--
After lots of walking and NO SLEEPING (yes, I didn't sleep one bit at the hotel), we got a huge headache and we just took a break at some Kopitiam-alike place in some shopping mall to have drinks. Like I said, a tired and bored guy is a camwhoring guy! Hahaha!





After that, we went to look for some restaurant for lunch!

--

Super cramp restaurant! As you can see in the picture below, we're all practically rubbing our backs against each other. And I mean that literally, cos the guy behind me had his back against mine. Oh, so this is a Taiwanese restaurant.

Beef noodles =) YUM!
-
Check out all the huge branded shops.
Spot the long queues.
--
We took a train then! And it was much cheaper and faster.
We reached by the afternoon @ 2pm, which was the check-in time for hotel guests. We got our room and yeah, it was so small it was like the size of First World Hotel rooms. But, I wasn't unhappy about the room size, I got a great view instead! I mean, not so great, but at least it was better than having a view of another room (see KL & Genting Trip posts).





--
We took a long nap and by the evening, we got ready because one of my Mom's friends lives in Hong Kong and her friend and her friend's husband was going to give us a treat. It was a tiring dinner because we had to really be super polite and we can't appear to be greedy, we had to have all table manners. It was like eating with high-society people. Hahaha! And yes, true enough, the restaurant we had dinner at, had people who were really high-class and stuffs. Damn, I tried so hard not to eat like a pig because I ALWAYS DO. Hahaha, plus, I had to eat slowly and I must be aware of every single thing I do if not it'll be really rude. Hahaha, having ALL table manners with you at the table can be REALLY TIRING. But the dinner was awesome! Of course, taking out your phone in front of guests, I presumed, would be very rude. Which means, I couldn't take photos =( But I took down all the dishes I had and they were FREAKING DELICIOUS!!! Bleddy hell, I fell in love with the Fried Pigeon! HAHAHAHA!

Oh anyway, before dinner, we went to see a dermatologist from Dermalogica. I know, we have Dermalogica in Singapore but I just wanted to get rid of those bloody pimples.


We had our dinner at this place, Regent Centre. It's actually for club members, so I guess my Mom's friend was a member and thus, the amazing dinner. Pigeon was our first dish. The waiters did everything for us, scooping the food onto our plates and all that. So they laid like cabbages on each of our plates, scooped a small amount of fried pigeon meat amongst other ingredients like vegetables, peas, etc. In other words, the cabbage was like our bread or some dumpling skin where we wrap it around the food. Then we had some oyster sauce, wow. It was bloody delicious. Damn orgasmic. I had two =) HAHAHA! OK, I know what I said, we weren't supposed to appear greedy but if people offer you food, you can't say no either, right? Hahaha.
-
The next dish was fried prawns. Man, they were so freaking crispy and they cut of the head for you, so when you suck the prawn, you just apoaifopaipaofiasopisapoiafsopfa get so high. But I only had two since I didn't like chewing on those prawn shells.
-
As for mutton, I totally forgot about this dish. Yikes. Next we had soup, one of the best tastiest soups ever! Inside was some duck which looked disgusting and there was also Chinese Ham which was quite salty but incredibly tasty. We also had glutinous rice which wasn't so awesome but it was just averagely nice =) We had sliced fish with vegetables and after all that, we had dessert! I seriously don't know what that dessert's called, I think it's sago or some dessert with lots of eggs. Very warm and 'heaty' if you can call it, delicious, sweet and just... orgasmic. LOL.
-
But anyway, the couple who treated us were doctors who studied in London and they have a son at my age who speaks German. How cool is that?! We regretted not taking a photo so we could show you guys. And if I had another choice, or if I become a club member or something, and when I eat those food again, I'LL DEFINITELY UPLOAD THE PHOTOS. But of course, I don't know WHEN'S THAT. Hahahaha. Best food yet.
-
And what's more? OH YEAH, I HAD RED WINE! HAHAHAHAHA! So bleddy sour but I freaking loved it! Only had a glass, but oh well. Hahaha, how cool is that, I told the doctors that I was only 17, but they just kept quiet and the waiter just served me. Hahaha almost as if the waiter thought I was above 18 because my younger brother was the only one who didn't have wine (duh).

Home after that! Our hotel, I mean. LOL! Part Three will be coming up shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.