This is going to be super boring for you: I found this website by random, http://polyorjc.sg/nezzie/. I got interested and I thought to myself, I could really use the extra help. Even though I've already settled on going Polytechnic to do Mass Comm diploma but the main problem is, me. I'm the kind of person who loses interest in something the next moment when before, I was totally in love with and crazy about it. I know myself. I know how I used to love Black when I love Red now and I may love another color in the near future. But of course, I went through an adolescent phase, not sure if I'm still going through it since, physically, my hormones are raging and the pimples are as usual clinging on to my skin pores for its dear life, so it's normal to love a teen color like Black and love Red the next. I'm not even sure now if I like red. That's how complicating my life is and yet I know I'm complicating. I may choose to be nice to the people I hate one moment but of course, my beliefs and principles stand strong and I don't believe in hypocrisy.
-
Then it comes to choosing the right path for your education. Viewing the website was like revisiting all the previous thoughts that have ever invaded my head, some prolonged, but still.
-
Polytechnics:
Pros: Freedom, No uniform, modules are repeated and not years.
Cons: Harder to get into a unversity (or so I heard)
-
Junior Colleges, or in my case, Millenia Institute:
Pros: I love studying (and I think we've established the fact that firstly, I mentioned it before, and secondly, it's obvious to me that studying has 'adrenaline' effects). Uniforms -- good excuse to run away from unexpected emergencies like, "I have nothing to wear". Easier to get into a University with an 'A' Level cert.
Cons: Uniform (it's a two-sided reason). MI is far (but so as other Polytechnics). There's PE (which, we've also established the fact that I HATE PE!).
-
So if we compare the pros of going to a Polytechnic and the pros of getting an 'A' Level certificate, it'll be the problems between having freedom, no uniforms, repeating modules and the passion for studying, uniforms so we don't run out of anything to wear, easy admission to higher education. Assuming I go Melbourne, Australia to study (which I really intend to), I suppose having an 'A' Level cert is advantageous but having a diploma means I can start work already and if I do get to go in a University to further my studies, well, that's another benefit. Plus, you ain't going to find much jobs that accepts 'A' Level cert as your highest educcation.
-
Uniforms or no uniforms. Heck, I'm getting $300 from Edusave Scholarship and if that's not enough, my Dad's going to give me another couple of hundred bucks for me to shop for clothes -- for school. I guess that problem is settled and I will never force myself to wear tucked-in shirts and baggy pants and uncomfortable school shoes with soles that looks crazier than normal.
-
If I fail at something, say the entire background is for Junior Colleges or 3-year tertiary instituitions like Millenia Institute, a year has to be repeated. However, if the situation is totally changed, for instance, you fail something in a Polytechnic where the course structure is made up of modules. You don't repeat the year, you simply repeat the module. Which is a good thing, especially since you don't have to waste another year just to work on that tiny area of your course. However, for MI or any other JCs for that matter, failing a subject would mean repeating a year, along with the other subjects you have passed.
-
PS, sorry you have to read all this boring stuff but I'm just writing about myself to myself so I can keep this as some motivation or some shit.
-
Then again, like I've mentioned before, it all boils down to your 'O' Level results. Let's say I get 10 points for 'O' Levels. Plan A: Mass Communication @NP. Let's say I get 12 points for 'O' Levels. Plan B: Media & Communications @ SP. Let's say I get 13 points and below (and by below, I obviously mean points ranging from 13 - 24 (or some super low-pointer)). Plan C: Find out the next best suitable Polytechnic course and if not, Millenia Institute. If I don't do really well, which I'm hoping I don't, it'll be Plan D: Private 'O' Levels. So yes, I guess I'm really prepared now (which is what's good about this post and if you're a confused teen like me who doesn't know where to go whether you are a 'O' Level student or not (and will be), this is probably good for you =) and I'm glad to help! So, you're welcome!
-
But of course, this takes time. And if I actually am interested in Mass Communication (since Sec 2 -- I just realised after reading my past posts back in 2006), I guess Mass Comm it is. If not, well, I'll be devastated a long-term interest could just fade in a millisecond. But I'll find something else that I think I know I want.
-
Weee, okay, anyway, I watched Planet 51, A Cinderella Story and Gossip Girl Season 3's latest episode, 12, The Debarted! SUPER AWESOME EPISODE! So far my favourite episodes of Gossip Girl Season 3 are Episode 9: They Shoot Humphreys, Don't They, and Episode 6 and this Episode too! This episode is so much more different than all the other Gossip Girl episodes. It's so mature and so not Gossip Girl-based, but then if you look at it from a different view, it's supposed to be relevant to the title. But oh well, I guess I can delude myself having to think Gossip Girl (the character itself -- not that she has ever been revealed on the show but as a narrator and a blogger) might have gone on a hiatus. So what the heck. HAHAHA!
-
Planet 51 is a funny animated film! It's something different than all the other films but I guess I'm liking it. Astroboy, I must say, was nice too. Coraline as well. Monster Inc is my all-time favourite cartoon movie. HONG KONG THIS FRIDAY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.