Before my internet becomes a total pain in the ass again, I'd better publish a post! Anyway, I watched The Proposal yesterday on VCD, and it's one of the funniest films ever! Hahahahaha, sure it may be something like Made Of Honor meets My Wife Is A Gangster 3, but it's still hilarious! Comedy films usually have boring plots but they aim to make you laugh, so I guess, it worked? Cos it did make me laugh! Hahahaha, this will definitely be a classic in the near-end future.
-
This afternoon, I met up with Jasmine, Jasmine's boyfriend Alfred, her cousin Eugene, her cousin's friend, Samuel, Daryll Ong and Cai Jia to play Basketball! Speaking from a person who has absolutely total lack of sports skills and who clearly loves to just sit down and enjoy the sun (I think I got darker by the hours), I didn't really felt it was boring. Hahaha, I played with the ball a few times but other than that, I spent my whole time there sitting down, reading 8 Days and reading aloud a few Cantonese phrases and just talking to the peeps whom I've not seen for like from a week to a month due to their vacation trips and vacation jobs. Hahaha! It was nice to see them again =) Will be seeing them soon though!
-
And if it's been bugging you that I've not blogged about the HK trip like how I always blog straightaway after my holiday trips yet, well then I apologize! It's just that, each time I get online, I don't feel like blogging just yet. And when I do, I don't have the time because it'll be late by then. So, I really do wanna blog about the trip. It was a wonderful experience! I guess I'll blog tomorrow since I'll be free? As in apart from the Additional Mathematics tuition I'll have in the late afternoon.
-
I kinda do miss HK despite the horrible shopping experience. The food wasn't even that great, in particular the dim sum. Har kow (shrimp dumplings) was dry and the shrimps were HUGE and they were so not succulent. I guess I went to the wrong restaurant but we deduced from the fact it was one of the best restaurants since at the time we were there, there were a lot of patrons there as well. Guess it was somewhat famous among the locals but for food-hunters like my family, the dim sum wasn't that great and we've tried better ones even in Singapore. The weather is extremely nice and rewarding and the people there are so different that I like jaywalking across the street like them, walking in front of a moving car, exclaim "Yau mo gao chor!" loudly and being a perfect local. Hahaha!
-
It was very nice acting like not one of the locals, cos if you go to Australia or France and you wear horrible and ugly tourist clothings, people instantly pass you off as tourists. Not saying that HK people wear horrible clothing so even if you wear horrible clothing, you won't be passed off as a tourist, I'm just saying that, going to a foreign country where you look like everyone else and people will talk to you in Cantonese and not badly-pronounced English is a really good thing cos it makes you feel like home. Hahaha and this coming from someone who has been to Australia and people talk to you like as if you're some baby who doesn't understand English OR talking to someone with a fake accent so he or she could understand you.
-
For the record, I think I know why some people fake their accents, even though I find it completely disgusting and annoying. It's because the people, who have accents we're desperately trying to get on par with, DO NOT UNDERSTAND US. I'm not saying EVERYONE doesn't understand Singaporeans' accent. There ARE people who can clearly understand every word we're saying but there are those whom make you feel like you're listening to some Huh-song. So I guess those who fake their accents probably know people who don't understand our accent. =D
-
And I certainly do not have a fake accent! I speak properly with the 'th' sound and the '--t' and the '--d'. Or at least I try to. Hahaha. Once you speak clearly and properly, you're understood. It also feels good to be understood, like when you're in a class and you're a teacher and your students understand your methods and you just feel good and safe that you're not blabbering alienated languages. Maybe I might want to get a fake accent. Hahahahahaahaha! Woops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.