Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day #2 Zhi Char

Curry Chicken!
Tofu!
Eggs!
Chicken!
Sausages!
-
Alright, here's a few things I've concluded (certain points in reference to my Zhi Char meal with Jasmine and Daryll). The food IS expensive. It is troublesome to order so many plates and it's very unfair to take a large portion resulting in no food for the people behind queuing, not to mention, since we jumped queue. It is extremely tiring, especially for Daryll who had to go back and forth several times carrying dishes. It is extremely exhausting for me to ask for a zhi-char style. But overall, the food was really really nice. Although, I was sure I could fill in much more than this. Maybe three gluttons surviving on 6 plates of dishes (the last plate was placed on top on one of these dishes), and it's a little bit... like fighting for our last meal. HAHA, so we took in as many as we could so we could get our stomachs filled but we also had to bear in mind that the other party's eating and maybe they might actually want somemore. But I can say, it was cheaper than the first day we tried this out. Not to mention, IT WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN WHAT WE'VE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED. The male hawker probably conned us and chose his favourite number.
-
Anyway, minus the scorching sun (takes effect only after school and during recess, which are the times there are NO AIRCON), school went perfectly usual. What with my whole saga trying to remember a long History essay, and to think of it, it's actually really easy, I may try to boast when I'm going to say this but whatever, I think it's like a skill, you know, to be able to see the different points pointed out. The essay was indeed really really long, and I could see many memorizing STRAIGHT from the notes. Some of course, took the liberty to really read and understand and memorize the important points, thus giving them much impression of what to write when they write the keywords. As for me, what I did was, I constructed mindmaps, flowcharts, tables, point-form notes, I added colours, mini illustrations, certain local landmarks to help us relate back to the 1931-1941 period.
-
To tell you the truth, it's very very helpful. I asked my classmate, because he borrowed those little cards from me to revise, he said it was very helpful. I can even write down a paragraph from that essay over here, but you'll be thinking I cheated. But, this is the truth and I can even remember last two days' Social Studies test. "Shipbuilding industry benefitted immensely from the expansion of trade. Before advances of maritime industries, shipbuilding was small and it scattered all over venice. In 1100, shipbuilding centralized at a new location, Arsenal." I'd be having a guilty conscience on me right now if I were typing this while looking at my notes, but I'm too lazy to look for it and I'm really extracting it from my brain. I mean, you guys should really try this, make the effort to convert a long essay into something fun to memorize. When memorizing, repeat the sentences as many times as possible till you really get the hang of it.
-
OK, I don't know about you but when it comes to essays like History and Social Studies, this study method works effectively on me, maybe for you, you're better at like other things based on memorizing, but I'm just sharing, and if you have seriously not found our studying method WHEN IT COMES TO ESSAYS, try this, for once.
-
So yeah, History test was a relief, damn kancheong because I was like, "Pray, no blackout, pray no blackout!". I survived the test, and I didn't stop once to think about what I've memorized. =D F&N was seriously hilarious! Ms Noreen couldn't endure the pain from her heels so she wore Hans' shoes. HAHAHAHAHA. It looks damn hilarious! So uh, Maths, was alright. CL 'B' was cool, I watched Ms Mok mark her test papers and I'VE GOT A 19/20. Serious mistake. Damn disappointing. LOL. But, what got to me most was that, for the first time, I've got to admit when I saw someone's (whom I didn't like) marks who was higher than mine, I didn't feel a single thing. I just felt... perfectly fine. I'M SERIOUS, I should feel jealous and get all frustrated, right? But surprisingly, I didn't know what's with me. Even I talked to another person whom I didn't like and it was actually not so bad after all. I mean, obviously it's better to have more friends than enemies right?
-
English was damn scary. Ms Sim was talking to the class in a very quiet voice, so since Gladys and I were sitting in front, in between us was a long aisle, so Ms Sim was standing there, we leaned toward, to you know, hear her better and really pay attention to what she has to say. Suddenly she YELLED, and I was like, "HOLY!", so I jumped and wahhhh. Her voice was suddenly so deafening my ears probably went bust! HAHA, damn scary lah! But that was because Ms Sim was scolding us, after that she relaxed a bit and we all laughed with her. LOL. Gladys knows me so well. =D
-
After school, went to sleep from like 3 pm till 6 pm. SUPER TIRED, I don't know why. I even slept way earlier than before. Alright, I'll go study for my History test tomorrow. Have you ever gone through a week whereby each day would be filled with tests and more tests? Were there certain days where there were more than one, two days in a week? Isn't it tenuous!? SERIOUSLY, I CAN DIE. I hope this week ends faster, and by the looks of it, in fact it actually is. Last day of the week, BRING IT ON BABY.
-
UPDATE: SIAN!!! Why is Megan Joy OUT? Damn sad lah, I feel like crying. Allison Iraheta shouldn't be in the Bottom Three as well!!! I think Anoop Desai should be out!!! UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.