Friday, June 26, 2009

The Great Depression

OK, let's cut straight to the main problem here. I have been sleeping for more than 10 hours a day. I know it's not healthy because, hello, I'm a Food & Nutrition student and a F&N student is all about health and although oversleeping is not part of F&N syllabus, a strong part of me knows oversleeping is wrong. It may seem healthier than those who are deprived of sleep, than people who lack sleep, thus fatigue and whatsoever, but, don't be fooled, oversleeping has its consequences as well. Taken from http://myblogonbeauty.blogspot.com/2007/12/sleeping-for-long-hours-is-unhealthy.html.
-
So, I decided to research the effects and causes of sleeping for long hours. I chanced upon this blog and to my unpleasant surprise when I came to this sentence, it said, "Persons who sleep for long hours are mostly victims to depression, mood swings, minor aches and anxiety.". Now, it may be minor aches because my buttbone is aching as I've been sitting in this very chair for hours. But, that was just today and yesterday night. What about the many previous nights? Depression, mood swings, anxiety. All involve feelings. I won't say I'm suffering from depression because if I do, it may seem unreal or bogus. I won't say I've got mood swings because if I do, it would seem ridiculous and bogus. I won't say I'm anxious because if I do, it may seem fake.
-
But, that's not for you to judge, I know what I'm feeling and I'm not saying because I don't want to and I don't have to. I'm not sure why I am suffering from any of these three. I didn't know the cause of sleeping for long hours was depression, mood swings or anxiety. But I do know why I'm sleeping for long hours now and I won't say why. The rest of the post doesn't scare me, heart problems or diabetes, whatever. But, now that I know why I'm sleeping for long hours, I should do something about it. The solution? Alarm clocks. Back to Grey's Anatomy.
-
Links you could go to for your own knowledge (click on words):
Depression
Mood Swings
Anxiety

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.